Cribl does differently.
What does that mean? It means we are a serious company that doesn’t take itself too seriously; and we’re looking for people who love to get stuff done, and laugh a bit along the way. We’re growing rapidly - looking for collaborative, curious, and motivated team members who are passionate about putting customers first. As a remote-first company we believe in empowering our employees to do their best work, wherever they are.
As the data engine for IT and Security many of the biggest names in the most demanding industries trust Cribl to solve their most pressing data needs. Ready to do the best work of your career? Join the herd and unlock your opportunity.
Why you’ll love this role
Cribl is looking for a Staff Performance Engineer or Staff SDET with strong TypeScript experience in Poland! We are a fast-growing, remote-first company with a mission to unlock the value of all observability data. At our core, we believe in shipping phenomenal products and doing good by our customers and communities. We provide our customers with a new and unprecedented level of observability, intelligence, and control over their real-time data. We're backed by Sequoia and CRV, and our products are deployed in some of the largest organizations in the world processing 100s of TB and PB of IT & Security data, and managed by Site Reliability Engineers, System Engineers, and Technical Operations teams.
As an active member of our team, you will…
- Test at scale and complexity to identify performance bottlenecks and uncover anomalous system behavior
- Root cause performance/scalability issues and work closely with development teams to make improvements
- Develop tools and frameworks to enable development teams to easily incorporate performance tests, using JS/TS/NodeJS; Docker
- Integrate with our continuous testing systems, testing automation, and reporting of performance metrics
- Effectively communicate performance test plans and results to cross-functional team members and management
- Act as a TypeScript subject matter expert (SME) to empower and improve the rest of the team with their TypeScript skills and best practices
If you got it - we want it
- 5+ years software engineering experience, focusing on quality or performance testing
- Hands-on experience with Docker is a must
- Extensive experience with Node.js/TypeScript is REQUIRED
- Extensive experience in development of performance benchmarks, tools, and test suites
- Experience working with data intensive applications and/or data streams processing
- Experience dealing with Support, Sustaining and Customer escalations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; able to explain complex technical topics to both internal and external stakeholders with ease and in remote/distributed environments
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- A love for goats
- Experience working remotely
- Extensive experience with Node.js/TypeScript
Location of this position is in Poland
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed, and we work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Interested in joining the Cribl herd? Learn more about the smartest, funniest, most passionate goats you’ll ever meet at cribl.io/about-us.