Cribl makes open observability a reality for today’s tech professionals. Our category-defining product suite gives companies the power to control their data and the flexibility to make choices, not compromises. With more than $400 million in funding by top investors including IVP, CRV, Redpoint Ventures, Sequoia, Greylock, and Tiger Global, we continue to grow our revenue and customer base by triple digits, with more than a quarter of Fortune 100 companies now Cribl customers.
As a remote first company, Cribl was recently ranked as the top technology/software company on the Forbes Best Startup Employers list (#7 overall), included in CNBC’s Top Startups for the Enterprise, and has been recognized as a top company for women, diversity, and culture by Comparably. So what's it like to work here? Our culture is rooted in our five core values, which includes Irreverent, but Serious. We like to have fun. We like to make each other laugh. And we love Goats!
Why You'll Love This Role
The Sr Data Engineer will be responsible for driving high quality data across Cribl by scaling our data tech stack and championing data best practices. You will be a key contributor to our centralized Data team, partnering closely with Data Analysts, IT, Security, and Engineering functions. This role reports to the Senior Director of Data & Analytics.
As An Active Member Of Our Team, You Will ...
- Build, manage, and monitor Cribl’s core data tech stack including data pipelines (ETL), data integrations and data warehouse
- Engage with cross-functional stakeholders to understand system dependencies and creatively formulate solutions to complex, unstructured problems
- Design and implement data quality processes for compliance and data validation
- Partner with Data Analysts, Site Reliability Engineers, and IT Engineers on initiatives that align with business needs
- Automate manual processes, scale data workflow management, and manage any data system impact analysis
If You Got It - We Want It
- Experience in managing, architecting, and improving data warehouse/pipeline infrastructure
- Hands-on experience in SQL, and workflow management tools (Airflow, Prefect, e.g.)
- Strong Python coding skills and fundamentals
- Familiarity with managing and deploying the modern data tech stack (Snowflake/Redshift, dbt e.g) and AWS cloud ecosystem
- Experience with common IaC tools (Terraform, Terragrunt, CloudFormation, etc)
- Working knowledge of cloud network infrastructure
- Strong organization skills to effectively manage and lead strategic projects, while prioritizing ad-hoc request
- Excellent communication skills to work with dynamic teams and communicate ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortable with ambiguity, have a strong analytical acumen, self-motivated, able to work cross functionally
Bonus Points / Preferred Skills
- Working experience at a fast-growing SaaS company
- Experience scaling a function at a remote first company
Salary Range ($125,000 - 170,000)
The salary for this role is dependent on geographic location. The salary offered within the range described will be based on the individual candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive salary, Cribl also offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off, a fertility treatment benefit, 401(k), equity, and eligibility for a discretionary company-wide bonus.
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed, and we work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Interested in joining the Cribl herd? Learn more about the smartest, funniest, most passionate goats you’ll ever meet at cribl.io/about-us.