Cribl does differently.
What does that mean? It means we are a serious company that doesn’t take itself too seriously; and we’re looking for people who love to get stuff done, and laugh a bit along the way. We’re growing rapidly - looking for collaborative, curious, and motivated team members who are passionate about putting customers first. As a remote-first company we believe in empowering our employees to do their best work, wherever they are.
As the data engine for IT and Security many of the biggest names in the most demanding industries trust Cribl to solve their most pressing data needs. Ready to do the best work of your career? Join the herd and unlock your opportunity.
Why You'll Love This Role
In this opportunity working on our Cloud Team as a Software Engineer you will work closely with Product and Operations teams, along with other business functions, while collaborating with your direct team to own and deliver end-to-end features and functionality to your users. You will bring a wealth of experience, wisdom, and plenty of patterns to help your team build towards the best outcomes. Join our expanding team in Poland! Your team will be small but nimble and approach problems together with an iterative and incremental mindset. You will have the opportunity to take product related challenges and requirements and own the design, implementation, and rollout with the help and support of your team.
As An Active Member Of Our Team, You Will...
- Help define and refine the software development practices that make our team effective
- Write clean, maintainable, and testable code with an eye towards observability and resilience
- Work with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to decide on the vision and scope of your product area
- Work with Management, Product Engineering, and Operations to work toward meeting quarterly goals that include a mix of tech debt, bug fixes, and new features
- Champion the entire software development lifecycle from requirements and design to testing, deployment, and production support/monitoring
- Take on new adventures across the full-stack as we continue to push Cribl Cloud forward
- Share on-call and take part in team that embraces a model of service ownership
If You've Got It - We Want It
- Must be able to write clean, maintainable, and testable code (Node.js/TypeScript)
- Experience in complex development environments, especially in large-scale highly available distributed systems and SaaS platforms
- Experience in developing resilient and scalable backend services on any major cloud provider, preferably AWS
- Experience developing RESTful API's and interfaces that are secure and intuitive
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, linux, and distributed systems
- Knowledge of secure web development practices with troubleshooting complex application workflows and performance tuning
- Experience using assertion frameworks and tools like Mocha, Cypress, Jest to automate regression checks
- You are self starter, minimal supervision and track record of learning quickly
- You care about the details and are dedicated to elegant and high quality software
- You enjoy making Engineers successful and are fulfilled through the success of others
- In-depth experience with CI/CD pipelines such as BitBucket, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc
- Broad range of experience implementing various cloud design patterns
- Experience with serverless / lambda based implementations
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- A love for goats
- Comfortable working remotely
Location is remote in Poland only at this time.
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed, and we work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Interested in joining the Cribl herd? Learn more about the smartest, funniest, most passionate goats you’ll ever meet at cribl.io/about-us.